Union Street Gallery is looking for an intern, 18+, to aid gallery staff and studio artists in all aspects of gallery operations including exhibits, classes, events, social media, and general up-keep. Union Street Gallery is always seeking to actively engage the community in the artistic process as a means of art education so the Intern will also be involved in community outreach efforts. Intern will learn the basics of running a not-for-profit art gallery and gain valuable professional skills.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Must be knowledgable in various forms of social media including facebook, twitter, pintrest, instagram, etc.
- Must be self motivated, flexible, able to adapt and think on your toes
- Must be organized and have strong attention to detail
- Must be very comfortable working with and engaging people including artists
- Must be a creative and have knowledge of design and visual aesthetics
- Must have reliable transportation
Preferred (but not required):
- Art degree or pursuing an art degree
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
Compensation & Schedule:
This position is an unpaid, part time internship, approximately 12-16 hours per week. Hours must be worked during gallery hours Wednesday-Thursday 12-5, Friday 12-6, Saturday 11-4. Gallery may request intern to work some Tuesdays and some Friday nights as needed. This internship may qualify for college credit; see your college counselor for details. This position requires a minimum 3 month commitement.
Please send resume to email@example.com. Please include a brief paragraph in the email about your qualifications and why you want the position.
Saturday Workshop Series Leader (unpaid)
USG is looking for young artists, high school or college level, to teach free Saturday workshops for children of all ages. This is a great way to gain teaching experience and do some good for the youth in the community. Saturday workshops are 1.5 hour workshops either in the morning of afternoon depending on the availability of the teacher. This is a volunteer position. If interested please email your resume and a lesson plan including a supply list to firstname.lastname@example.org. All supplies will be provided by the gallery. The gallery has most basic art supplies, but please contact the gallery if you have any questions on what supplies we have.
Field Trip Docents & Project Leaders (unpaid)
Union Street is always looking for volunteers to lead tours and art projects as part of our Free Field Trips program. Field trips are usually 2 hours weekday mornings or early afternoons. For more information on this opportunity please contact the gallery at email@example.com, or 708-754-2601.